Sunday, May 3, 2015

Modern Art vs. Old Art

I love most modern art, but some of it is just a complete "NO". Many people picture modern art as different things. Some people think it is one of Andy Warhol's can drawing, abstract sculptures or just a series of shapes. I like about half of the modern art that I see. I went to the DIA over the weekend and there was this one piece of art that was literally 3 squares drawn on a canvas! I felt like my 7 year old sister could draw something better than that. Another one of the art pieces was some neon green paint spilled on a canvas and then the center was all stabbed out! I mean seriously, it was interesting to look at, but I don't know if the artist spent a lot of time on it. What really is art is old European oil canvas drawings, that art shows a moral in it. And that really reflects how much time and skill the artist put into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment